Thursday 10 February 2022

Sometimes, when I'm doing brilliant....

Sometimes, when I’m doing brilliant…..


Sometimes, when I’m doing brilliant,

Moving, changing, stirring the pot,

Well, some would say, stirring the pot too deeply,

All the grime comes off the bottom,

Scraping the barrel for negative discouragements,

And, there they are!

Burnt on and crusty,

Loosening what was once encrusted,

 The “You can’t”, “How dare you?”

“This won’t last…”   “They think you’re brilliant now, but what when they find out about…”

And , sometimes, this is enough to stop me

To dim my light and dilute my brilliant darkness,

To draw a curtain of shame over the next magnificent, or, even, just gently lovely, act I may be about to commit to, perform or even just consider….

But, lately, it really isn’t clear who’s gonna win this battle.

Will it be doubt and shame

in the traditional corner,

the defending champions?

Or will it be this plucky young newcomer,

Self-belief?

 

Chrystine Moon Feb ‘22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment