Thursday 26 August 2010

The day of Dad's funeral

The day of dad's funeral

I wish we could have put “shame” in the coffin.
I wish you could've shed your fears and uncertainties and flown free without having to actually shed yr flesh and bones.
I wish you could've been there to see how many people turned up to your funeral;
How many words of genuine joy were spoken about you.
How many people cared.
I wish you could've seen the relatives reunited in conversation at the function afterwards.
I wish you could see your son taking over the housekeeping,
returning home to pay the milkman tho' he knew that it was not essential to do so on a day like today.
I wish you'd been there to see the many good things you leave behind
And, tho' I guess you are probably far too busy reuniting with your wife in whatever lies beyond us, I insist you take a moment to notice all of this.
And, also, to be thoroughly Proud of me!

Yr loving & stylish Daughter,
Chrystine Moon.

1 comment:

  1. You and Michael did brilliantly today and your dad would have been proud of you both. As I know he was everyday he was with you.

    ReplyDelete