Sunday 8 August 2010

Tigers & Strawberries

There's some Buddhist fable about a monk hanging from a high cliff being approached by tigers; noticing strawberries growing at cliff edge, eating them and finding them Delicious in the face of impending death by tiger/drop.
That's somewhat unpoetical a rendition! but I'm appreciating the good stuff in a heightened way right now...
My Dad's being utterly amazing as he deals with (probably malignant) tumours and his unending care for my brother and myself.
I'm really appreciating him & hope he recovers and carries on being amazing for many more years to come.
I'm struggling with my own sense of support/ abandonment and noticing how friends old & new are there for me, or not!, but that many good-hearted people do care.
And... big stuff, too rambling to sum up here.. but somehow re-assessing what matters, what I can and cant do, what my problems are and aren't and noticing some of the ghosts that have hung around and reduced the celebration and sense of potential in my family and my life... Noticing them and feeling more able to blow them a kiss goodbye! with sadness, anger, grief and joy. I think I'm feeling grateful for my life. and grateful for my parents. and grateful for the strawberries! which, actually grow well!

No comments:

Post a Comment